The Twins have postponed their Thursday opener against Seattle until Friday because of the weather forecast, which includes a mix of rain and snow and temperatures in the 30s.
The game is now scheduled for a 3:10 pm start on Friday.
All of the Opening Day festivities associated with the game, including the drive-up breakfast at Target Field Plaza, have been postponed as well.
Friday’s forecast calls for a high of 42 degrees with the possibility of Sunshine as the day progresses. The chance of Precipitation decreases to less than 20% from more than 90% on Thursday.
The Twins announced these policies for people holding tickets to the opener.
- Utilize their tickets for admission into Friday’s game.
- Utilize their tickets to any future Twins regular season home game (subject to ticket availability). All Exchanges must be made by 3 pm Thursday. (Due to their limited capacity, tickets at the United Healthcare Suite Level, Thomson Reuters Champions Club and Budweiser Roof Deck will be valid only for Friday’s game.)
- Tickets for the postponed game are not subject to refunds
- Tickets purchased from a secondary ticket reseller, such as StubHub, will be good for Friday’s game only.
- Complimentary tickets are valid for the April 8 rescheduled game only.
Tickets for the game are still available at all levels of Target Field, according to a seating map on the Twins’ website.
On the secondary market, tickets are available in the 200 level on StubHub for as little as $ 14, including fees – and between the first and third base on the lower level starting at $ 49, as of 11:00 am
An optional workout for players is still scheduled for this afternoon.